|12||(6-inch) flour tortillas|
|2||tablespoons canola oil|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||scallions, thinly sliced|
|Hot sauce (for serving)|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Have on hand a muffin pan with 12 indentations and an 8-inch nonstick skillet.
2. Using a round 4-inch cutter, cut tortillas into circles. Brush each side lightly with 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Gently press tortillas into the cups. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
3. In a bowl with a fork, beat the eggs, salt, and pepper just until blended.
4. Set the skillet over low heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil and swirl to coat the bottom and sides. Pour in the eggs. With a rubber spatula, immediately begin to slowly scrape the mixture from the edges of the pan to the center as it starts to set. Continue stirring slowly from the edges to the center until the eggs thicken and are almost set. Remove from the heat (they should be very creamy but will continue to cook for a minute in the heat of the pan).
5. Spoon some eggs into each tortilla cup and top with salsa, scallions, and hot sauce. Karoline Boehm Goodnick