A two-alarm fire in Dorchester this morning displaced five residents and injured one firefighter, officials said.
Firefighters responded to calls for a fire at 101 Maxwell St. around 9:12 a.m., said Steve MacDonald, spokesman for the Boston Fire Department. The fire was out by 9:40 a.m., he said.
All five residents got out of the house safely, and one firefighter was sent to Carney Hospital with a head injury, treated, and released, MacDonald said.
The fire began in a second floor bedroom due to an electrical short circuit, MacDonald said, and eventually spread to the third floor. He said the fire caused about $200,000 in damage.