January 11, 1921: Interior of the Marine Park Aquarium, the third aquarium in Boston's history which operated from 1912-1954. It opened to the public on Thanksgiving Day November 28, 1912. Standing on Marine Park, directly opposite the end of East 3rd St, the aquarium was built and maintained from the income of the Parkman fund, which was devoted to park purposes of Boston. The exhibition tanks, shown here, were about six feet wide and four feet high. The salt water fish lived on one side and the fresh water on the other.