Win 2 tickets to attend an exclusive luncheon with 1988 US Olympic Skier Pam Fletcher!
Join Pam Fletcher as she hosts an exclusive lunch at the Seaport Hotel for 5 lucky Insiders plus a guest. Enjoy an outstanding lunch while asking questions and listening to stories from a past US Olympic Skier.
Enter to win at: BostonGlobe.com/promo
Use promo code: PAM
Entries must be received by: November 5th , 2012
Winner will be announced: November 6th, 2012
Insiders also get $4 OFF tickets to the Ski & Snowboard Expo!
Enter discount code: BGEXTRA
BOSTON GLOBE INSIDERS Ski SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited.
BOSTON GLOBE INSIDERS SEINFELD SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) starts on October 24, 2012 at 11:00:01 am ET and ends on November 5, 2012 at 11:00:01 am ET (”Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Sweepstakes at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents who currently reside in New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and Connecticut. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of submission. Employees of The Boston Globe, Boston.com (collectively the “Sponsor”), any and all prize providers (“Prize Providers”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (defined as spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, complete an official entry form during the Sweepstakes Period by visiting www.bostonglobe.com/insiders (“Sweepstakes Site”) and follow the on-screen instructions to submit the “Entry”. One Entry permitted per person. Limit of one prize per Entry. All Entries must be received no later than 12:01 pm ET on November 5, 2012.
Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the entry process will be void. Any attempt by you and/or your family/friends or any other individual to enter more than the number of times authorized herein, including the use of multiple names or email address and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify you in its reasonable discretion.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In addition, by submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted online, at Sponsor’s websites or other websites at Sponsor’s sole discretion. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entry by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
3. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about November 5, 2012 and will be notified by email on or about November 6, 2012. Potential winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier, which must be returned within one (1) days of date appearing on prize notification. Failure to respond to email notification within one (1) days will be grounds for disqualification. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up.
5. PRIZE: Five (5) Winners will receive two (2) tickets to have lunch with Pam Flethcer at the Seaport Hotel.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Providers, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), injuries, liability (including settlements), losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Sweepstakes without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
7. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Boston, Massachusetts. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Massachusetts and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Massachusetts. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. REQUEST FOR WINNER’S NAME: For a winner’s name (available after one week of drawing) send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by to be received no later than December 30, 2012 to: THE BOSTON GLOBE INSIDERS SKI SWEEPSTAKES WINNER, c/o Boston.com 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125
SPONSOR. The Boston Globe, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125