You can now read 10 articles in a month for free on Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

The Boston Globe


Seven people sickened after carbon monoxide exposure

One of seven people exposed to carbon monoxide gas at a triple-decker home in Mattapan remained hospitalized Wednesday night, according to a Boston fire official.

Five residents, including two children, of the Woolson Street building were released from various Boston hospitals by Wednesday night, along with a worker who was also exposed to the fumes, said Steve MacDonald, Boston Fire Department spokesman. That worker had been repairing the heating unit in the building, which likely prompted the release of the gas, Boston EMS spokeswoman Jennifer Mehigan.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week