July 15, 1926: Miss Margaret Lappen of the library staff oversaw the outdoor library in the courtyard of the Boston Public Library on this summer day. From 12-2 the colonnaded courtyard was transformed into an open-air reading room. Armchairs from the main reading room as well as a book truck with over 100 books and magazines were provided for patrons to enjoy some reading time outdoors as well as the ability to check out books to take home.