January 3, 1917: An artist's rendering of the new grand entrance to Paragon Park showed ornate details. The architects Martin & Freethy are identified in the drawing in the lower left corner. The sculpture work was done by Hugh Cairns. The park was called Atlantic Park when it was built in 1868 by the New Haven Railroad and Schlitz Beer. It became Paragon Park in 1905.