September 15, 1946:  At Lake Walden in Concord, in the wooded sections Thoreau had made famous, trailer dwellers developed a community called Walden Breezes. Located across the road from the pond, the 5-acre camp opened in the 1920s and, in its heyday, was home port to more than 80 trailers, clustered under spreading trees, with a laundry shack and snack bar. The state bought the land in 1976 and under the terms of the agreement, no new arrivals were permitted. Residents were given lifetime tenancy and the last tenant, Edna Toska, left the park in 2008 after 32 years of living by the pond.