THE FIRST GLOBE BOOK CLUB SELECTION OF 2015
"The Call," by Yannick Murphy
It’s a family drama, it’s suspenseful, it’s structure is intriguing, it’s set in Vermont. Read the book and tweet books editor Nicole Lamy your questions @BGlobeBooks.
“Remarkable. . . . The truthful evocation of family is the real triumph of ‘The Call’. There is much love in this novel, and just as much truth about the pain and pleasure of family life. . . . [A] clever and beautiful book.” (Boston Globe)
• Live Twitter discussion: Lamy will ask the author to answer questions on Tuesday, Jan. 27, at noon.
• You can use the hashtag #GlobeBookClub to discuss the book any time on Twitter.
• Prefer the company of others? Join Murphy and Boston Globe Books editor Nicole Lamy in person as they discuss "The Call" at Wellesley Books, located at 82 Central Street, Wellesley, on Thursday, Jan. 29, at 6:30 pm. Click here to RSVP.
• Book review: "The Call" by Yannick Murphy (Aug. 14, 2011)
• New England Writers at Work: Author warms creative fires in Vermont (Aug. 9, 2014)
• Excerpt from Yannick Murphy’s "This is the Water" (Aug. 9, 2014)
• Book review: "This Is the Water" by Yannick Murphy (Aug. 9, 2014)