Jake Owen finishes up his run with Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw on the “Brothers of the Sun” tour Friday and Saturday at Gillette Stadium. But the country star isn’t letting go of the lazy, hazy days. The man behind such hits as “Alone With You” and “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” is releasing an EP called “Endless Summer” on Sept. 25 to keep the party going.
“To me, summertime is a feeling. I want people to have that feeling all year long when they listen to my music,” says Owen. From his tour bus on the way to the Kentucky State Fair, he weighed in with his five favorite things about summer.
1. Friends “Surrounding yourself with friends and family is the best way to stay grounded.”
2. Freedom “When my twin brother, Jarrod, and I were 13, our parents bought a little boat that my dad let us hop in every day after school. We had never felt so free. I’ll never forget that.”
3. Sunshine “One of my favorite feelings of summer is the minute I get out of the “no wake zone” at the marina, put the hammer down on the throttle, and feel the wind and sun hit my face. That always makes me smile!”
4. Water “Nothing is more relaxing to me than being in the water wake-boarding or wake-surfing or just being out in my boat. Water is very tranquil.”
5. Cold beer “This one doesn’t need an explanation, does it?”