Cassadee Pope is no stranger to the summer tour grind as a Warped tour veteran with her former band Hey Monday. But since winning season 3 of “The Voice,” the Floridian has gone country and the conditions have improved immensely.
“Yes, this is better for sure. It’s like heaven!” she says with a laugh of touring as an opening act for Rascal Flatts, with whom she comes to the Comcast Center Friday. The “Team Blake” singer is hard at work on her debut album — the making of which will be captured by a CMT reality show — and just released her debut single, “Wasting All These Tears.” We caught up with Pope from a Detroit tour stop to hear about the five best things that have happened to her since auditioning for “The Voice.”
1. Her performance of “Stupid Boy” on “The Voice.” “ I was able to put together a vision in my head from the arrangement to the outfit to the set and it was cool to see my whole vision coming to life.”
2. Gel manicures. “I discovered them on the show and it was really exciting,” she says with a laugh. “I’d play guitar and they would not chip!”
3. Pictures Photoshopped by fans. “The most recent batch was when the pope was selected and they would photoshop my face on the pope’s body. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. It always cheers me up.”
4. Recording with producer Dann Huff (Faith Hill, Taylor Swift) “He’s so good, such a massive producer, and such an inspiration.”
5. Touring with Rascal Flatts. “They’re great guys and they let me come up and sing with them every night, and it’s just incredible to play in front of thousands of people every weekend and spread the word.”