Five people may have died in the past three years after drinking Monster Energy, according to reports released by the FDA. The reports do not prove a link between Monster Energy and the deaths or health problems. The mother of a 14-year-old Maryland girl who died from a heart arrhythmia after drinking Monster Energy on two consecutive days sued the company. A company spokeswoman said last week that its products were safe and did not the cause of the girl’s death.
Monster Beverage Corp. dealing with fallout from FDA reports
You've reached the limit of 10 free articles a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than $1 a week