Best Buy Co. rose the most in nearly four years on a report founder Richard Schulze will offer to take the company private. Best Buy has fallen 40 percent this year. Schulze will bid $5 billion to $6 billion, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune said. Best Buy declined to comment. Schulze, 71, has been working with three private-equity firms on a takeover plan, people familiar with the matter have told Bloomberg News. Last month, Best Buy posted a $10 million quarterly loss.
December 14, 2012
Read it all, now.
Don't miss any of your favorite stories again. Read the stories that matter to you as much as you want, whenever you want when you subscribe to BostonGlobe.com.
Get full access today for just 99¢