How well do you remember the highlights of the past 12 months? Take our quiz on business events of 2012.
1. Which company agreed to build a new office building on the South Boston waterfront this year?
A. Fidelity Investments
B. Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
C. State Street Corp.
D. Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.
2. A zoning plan submitted in Cambridge threatens the expansion plans of which biotechnology firm?
A. Novartis AG
B. Millennium Pharmaceuticals
C. Biogen Idec inc.
D. AVEO Pharmaceuticals
3. Which group of 14,000 New England workers avoided a strike with a last-minute contract agreement?
B. Airline mechanics
C. Zoo employees
4. Which supermarket sold its leases in 2012 to Whole Foods?
A. Wild Oats
B. Hi Lo Foods
C. Johnnie’s Foodmaster
5. Which development firm took control of the long-stalled Filene’s redevelopment?
A. Millennium Partners
B. Vornado Realty Trust
C. HYM Investment Group
D. The Congress Group
6. Which scion of a famous investment family was elevated, after years of speculation, to the No. 2 job at the firm?
A. Sean Healey
B. Robert Reynolds
C. Abigail Johnson
D. Jerry Jordan
7. Which leading Boston venture capital firm made a killing on the Facebook IPO?
A. Battery Ventures
B. Advent International
C. Matrix Partners
D. Greylock Partners
8. How many of the 100 largest public companies in Massachusetts have no women executives or board members?
9. Which tech company did not start in Massachusetts?
10. What collateral did former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling post for loans related to his failed video game company. 38 Studios?
A. 1927 Lou Gehrig baseball cap
B. “Bloody sock” from 2004 World Series
C. World War II-era memorabilia
D. 1927 Lou Gehrig baseball cap
E. All of the above
11. True or False: Many restaurants that a Globe investigation last year found serving mislabeled fish did not misrepresent fish for a second consecutive year.
12. Which phrase did Dunkin Donuts recently try to trademark?
A. Best Coffee in America
B. Bagel Bunchkin
C. America Se Mueve Con Dunkin’ (America moves with Dunkin)
D. All of the above
13. The state’s new medical marijuana law allows for up to how many medical treatment centers in the first year?
14. What utility did NStar merge with this year?
A. National Grid
C. Northeast Utilities
D. Western Massachusetts Electric Co.
15. Which one is not a real perk Massachusetts tech companies are offering to woo engineers?
A. Free beer
B. Pet insurance
C. Limo service to and from work
D. Free vegan and organic lunches
16. Which company is buying nearly all the assets of bankrupt A123 Systems?
A. Johnson Controls Inc
B. Wanxiang Group
C. NEC Corp.
D. Siemens AG
17. What’s the minimum net worth JP Morgan Private bank typically requires for customers?
C. $1 million
D. $5 million
18. What pizza chain filed for bankruptcy protection after years of financial and labor troubles?
A. Pizza Hut
C. Upper Crust
19. Which bank plans to open at least a half dozen “cafes” in the Boston area?
A. Bank of America
B. Citizens Bank
C. Sovereign Bank
D. Capital One
E. TD Bank
20. Scott Thompson, a Massachusetts native and Stonehill College graduate, quit which tech company following revelations of a bogus computer science degree on his resume?