TWIN FALLS, Idaho — At least 89 people have reported getting sick after eating Chobani Greek yogurt made in Twin Falls, the Food and Drug Administration reported.
FDA spokeswoman Tamara Ward told The Times-News on Monday that some have described nausea and cramps.
No link has been confirmed between the illnesses and the yogurt.
However, Ward says the FDA is working with Chobani to hasten its voluntary recall.
Chobani last week told grocery stores to destroy 35 varieties of yogurt reported to have been contaminated by a mold associated with dairy products.
Last Thursday, Chobani spokeswoman Amy Juaristi said 95 percent of the tainted product had been destroyed.
The affected yogurt cups have the code 16-012 and expiration dates between Sept. 11 and Oct. 7.
Health officials have said the yogurt is not a public health threat, but the company said last week the ‘‘mold can act as an opportunistic pathogen for those with compromised immune systems.’’