LAS VEGAS — Caesars Entertainment Corp. is ending its partnership with Gansevoort Hotel Group to transform Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall & Saloon into the luxury Gansevoort Las Vegas on the Strip.
Gansevoort spokesman Chris Walters confirmed the move Sunday, two days after the Suffolk Downs ownership group said it had dropped partner Caesars Entertainment from its bid to build a $1 billion resort casino at the Massachusetts racetrack.
Gary Loveman, chief executive of Caesars, previously told the Globe that the gambling giant had ended its agreement with Gansevoort when Massachusetts flagged the relationship as a problem. Investigators raised red flags about an owner of Gansevoort, who was alleged to have ties to Russian mobsters in a 2012 New York Post article.
Gansevoort president Michael Achenbaum, in a statement released Sunday, says his company has ‘‘worked diligently’’ with Caesars on the Las Vegas project, but has agreed to end its role in it to ‘‘minimize any controversy for Caesars.’’