The Globe 100 ranks the best-performing publicly traded corporations based in Massachusetts by how well they increased sales, profits, and returns for shareholders during 2011.
S&P Capital IQ gathered information on some 189 Massachusetts companies that were publicly trading on March 31, 2012,* from sources that included Securities and Exchange Commission filings, commercial news services, and corporate and government reports.
To be considered for the Globe 100, a company must:
- Maintain corporate headquarters in Massachusetts;
- Trade its shares on the New York Stock Exchange, the Nasdaq Stock Market, or the American Stock Exchange;
You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than 25¢ a week