Summer has everyone fooled into thinking it’s the year’s most easygoing season: the permission to eat fudge and ice cream; the school’s-out vibe that extends even to adults; the e-mail trickle. It makes you forget that summer carries risks — and we’re not talking about mere physical annoyances like mosquito bites or sunburns. With the unofficial start to summer behind us, are you ready for June, July, and August? Test yourself with this summer disaster preparedness quiz:
1. Relatives with free-range toddler twins, an inability to converse without whipping out their phones to force a YouTube video on you, and a dog with its own iPad and a wardrobe superior to yours are making good on their Thanksgiving threat to visit. You:
A. Find fun activities so people are out of the house, and stock up on the kids’ favorite cereals.
B. Remind yourself that happiness comes from giving to others, and make sure you have ample face and bath towels.
C. Badmouth them on Facebook, and then, guilt-ridden, go so overboard with the hospitality that they extend their stay.
2. An outdoorsy business contact has insisted you and your indoorsy family visit her on Nantucket. You:
You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than 25¢ a week