1/2 bunch fresh basil, leaves only (1 cup)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
Salt and black pepper, to taste
10 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
1. In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, Asiago, salt, and pepper. Pulse to chop the basil. With the motor running, slowly add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil.
2. Scrape the pesto into a bowl. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, and yogurt. Whisk well. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil until fully blended. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin 2-inch strips
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/3 cup crumbled feta
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Sprinkle the chicken with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
2. In a large skillet with an ovenproof handle, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Turn the breasts and transfer the pan to the oven. Continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Total cooking time is 15 to 17 minutes.
3. Let the chicken cool to room temperature. Slice it 1/3-inch thick; cut the slices into 1-inch pieces.
4. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, feta, and chicken. Toss the salad with about 3/4 of the pesto dressing, adding more dressing if you like.