|1||teaspoon whole cumin seeds|
|1½||cups plain Greek yogurt|
|½||English cucumber, halved
lengthwise, seeded, and chopped
|1½||teaspoons garam masala|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|4||cups cooked vegetable curry|
1. In a dry skillet over medium heat, stir the cumin seeds for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Transfer to a plate.
2. Wipe out the skillet and set it over medium heat. Heat the rounds of naan, one at a time, for 2 minutes on a side, turning with tongs, until they are soft and warm. Wrap in a cloth napkin.
3. In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, cucumber, garam masala, cilantro, toasted cumin seeds, salt, and pepper. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the curry, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until hot. If the mixture seems thick, add a spoonful or two of water.
5. Divide the curry among 4 plates. Serve with naan and raita. Sally Pasley Vargas