|1||pound (3 to 6 stalks) fresh rhubarb, trimmed (large stalks peeled and cut into ½-inch strips)|
|Grated rind of 2 oranges|
|2||tablespoons orange juice|
|1||piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, finely grated, wrung in cheesecloth, and pressed with the back of a spoon to release juices into a bowl|
|1½||cups plain Greek yogurt|
|12||gingersnaps, coarsely crushed|
1. Set the oven at 325 degrees. Have on hand an 8-inch square baking dish and four 8-ounce glasses.
2. Cut the rhubarb into 1-inch pieces. In the dish, combine the rhubarb, sugar, half the orange rind, and the juice. Toss well.
3. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender but holds its shape. Stir in ½ teaspoon of the ginger juice. Cool, then refrigerate.
4. In a bowl, whisk the yogurt. Fold in the rhubarb and its juices until the mixture is nicely marbled.
5. In the glasses, layer the rhubarb mixture with the gingersnaps, ending with gingersnaps. Garnish the mixture with the remaining orange rind. Holly Jennings