|16||small red cherry peppers|
|1||cup white white vinegar|
|1||can (5 ounces) tuna packed in oil|
|8||anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|1⅓||cups olive oil|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
1. Remove the tops from the cherry peppers. Tap out the seeds.
2. Half fill a saucepan large enough to hold the peppers in one layer with water. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Using tongs, add the peppers and let the mixture bubble steadily for 5 minutes.
3. Strain the peppers and rinse with cold water. Tip out any water inside the peppers. Set them upside down on paper towels. Pat dry. Let sit for 20 minutes or until cool.
4. In a food processor, combine the tuna and the oil from the can, anchovies, parsley, capers, ⅓ cup of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pulse for 30 seconds or until the texture is thick but spoonable.
5. Using a small spoon, fill each pepper with the tuna mixture. Pack the filled peppers upright in a container in one layer. Pour the remaining 1 cup olive oil around the peppers to cover them. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Matt Barber