After the chorizo comes out of the skillet, use some of the fat to fry the onions (and give it loads of flavor). Then scramble the eggs in the same pan until they are soft. Serve with flour tortillas, scallions, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes.
|12||small flour tortillas|
|1||pound chorizo, cut into ½ inch pieces|
|1||onion, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|6||scallions, thinly sliced|
|½||bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed and chopped|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes, quartered|
|Hot sauce (for serving)|
1. Set the oven at 300 degrees.
2. Wrap tortillas in foil and transfer to the oven until the eggs are cooked.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo in the dry pan, turning often, for 5 minutes or until they are crisp. With tongs, transfer the sausage to a plate lined with paper towels. Spoon off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the skillet.
4. Return the skillet to the heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until it softens.
5. In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Turn the heat under the skillet to medium-low. Add the eggs and chorizo. Cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, for 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked but still soft.
6. Stack 3 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Add eggs, scallions, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes. Serve with hot sauce. Sydney Oland