Serve this red pepper spread with sliced halloumi cheese, grilled or toasted in a hot oven.
|2||each red and orange bell peppers|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|½||cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped|
|1||clove garlic, finely chopped|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh thyme|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||tablespoon sherry vinegar|
1. Set the oven at 450 degrees.
2. Rub the peppers with olive oil and salt. Set them on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning them several times, for 25 minutes, or until the peppers collapse. Transfer to a bowl; cover with plastic wrap and set aside to cool.
3. Core the peppers, seed them, and chop coarsely.
4. In a bowl, combine the peppers, olives, garlic, parsley, thyme, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour for the flavors to mellow. Adapted from Avery Appleton