Serves 4 with leftovers
|2||pounds shrimp, peeled|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|1||zucchini, thickly sliced|
|1||can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained|
|1||clove garlic, chopped|
|3||tablespoons pesto, at room temperature|
|Grated rind of 1 lemon|
1. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Stir in the beans and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like. Transfer to a platter; keep warm.
4. Wipe out the skillet. Set it on medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes on a side or until they are cooked through and pink.
5. Add half the shrimp to the zucchini mixture. Reserve the remaining shrimp for the shrimp cakes.
6. Sprinkle the pesto over the zucchini mixture and garnish with lemon rind. Molly Kravitz