Instructions here call for grilling the peppers, but you can also broil them about 8 inches from the element, watching them carefully.
|12||large jalapeno peppers|
|1||tablespoon canola oil|
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature|
|½||cup fresh goat cheese, at room temperature|
|½||teaspoon ground cumin|
|2||scallions, finely chopped|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
1. Heat a gas grill to high heat or light a charcoal grill.
2. In a large bowl, toss jalapeno peppers with canola oil. When the fire is ready, grill the peppers for 12 to 15 minutes or until softened and slightly charred.
3. In a bowl, blend the cream cheese, goat cheese, cumin, scallions, salt, and black pepper.
4. When the peppers are cool enough to handle, cut a small slit in one side. Using a very small spoon, remove seeds and veins. With a pastry bag or a spoon, fill each pepper with some of the cheese filling.
5. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes more or until cheese is heated through. Karoline Boehm Goodnick