Serves 4 with leftovers
|1||whole turkey breast on the bone (about 6 pounds)|
|2||tablespoons canola oil|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|½||bunch each fresh rosemary, thyme, and oregano|
1. Set the turkey breast in a roasting pan skin side up. Rub the skin all over with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Chop half the herbs and press them into the skin all over.
3. Let the turkey sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before roasting.
4. Set the oven at 350 degrees.
5. Roast the turkey for 1 hour and 30 minutes (calculate 15 minutes per pound) or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees. Remove the turkey from the oven and let it sit in a warm place for 20 minutes before carving. Remove each breast from the bone in one large piece. Set on a cutting board and carve into thick slices. Save 4 slices for the Waldorf salad. Arrange remaining meat on a platter and garnish with the remaining herbs. Sheryl Julian