|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||onion, thinly sliced|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|2||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1||yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped|
|1|| link (4 ounces) spicy chourico or chorizo,
cut into 1-inch rounds
|8||small red potatoes,
|2||pounds bone-in chicken parts (drumsticks, thighs, and breasts)|
|1||cup tomato or vegetable juice|
|1||cup water, or more
1. In a flameproof casserole over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring often for
8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
2. Add the bell pepper, chourico or chorizo, and potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until the sausage begins to brown.
3. Set the chicken, skin side down, in a single layer in the pot. Cook for 3 minutes. Use tongs to turn the chicken and cook 3 minutes more. Turn the chicken skin side up. Add the tomato or vegetable juice and water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and set on the
4. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Check if the mixture seems dry. Add more water, ¼ cup at a time, if necessary.
5. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and black pepper, if
you like. Serve with rice.