|¼||cup dill relish|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh dill|
|Generous squeeze of lemon juice, or more to taste|
|Dash of hot sauce, or more to taste|
1. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, relish, dill, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
2. Taste for seasoning and add more lemon juice or hot sauce, if you like.
|3||pieces roast cod, hake, haddock, or pollock (including topping), coarsely chopped|
|1||teaspoon Dijon mustard|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||cup panko (bread crumbs)|
|4||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
1. In a bowl, combine the cod, mayonnaise, egg yolk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Gently shape the mixture into 8 cakes. Transfer to a platter and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. In a shallow bowl, spread the bread crumbs and dredge the cakes in them, using your hands to press them on.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil. Add 4 cakes and cook for 3 minutes on a side or until golden brown. Transfer to a platter. Cook the remaining 4 cakes in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the same way. Sprinkle the cakes with parsley and serve with tartar sauce. Tony Rosenfeld