|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||large clove garlic, finely chopped|
|4||plum tomatoes, chopped|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|½||cup vegetable stock|
|4||mixed red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded|
|4||cups leftover paella|
|½||cup bread crumbs|
|3||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
1. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Have on hand a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook 3 minutes more. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like. Spread on the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Fill each pepper half with ½ cup paella. Set on the tomato mixture and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
4. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle the mixture over the peppers.
5. Turn on the broil. Return the baking dish to the oven and broil the peppers, watching them carefully, for 30 to 60 seconds, or just until the bread crumbs brown.
Sally Pasley Vargas