|Vegetable oil (for the pan)|
|2||cups leftover chipotle rice|
|3||pieces cooked chicken, removed from bone and shredded|
|2||cups shredded cheddar|
|1||can (15 ounces) black beans, drained|
|4||tablespoons chopped fresh
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|½||cup sour cream|
|2||tomatoes, finely chopped|
|¼||teaspoon chili powder|
|¼||teaspoon smoked paprika|
|8||flour tortillas (each about 8
|½||bunch scallions, thinly sliced|
|1||lime, cut into wedges (for garnish)|
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. In a bowl combine rice, chicken, ½ cup cheddar, black beans, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3. In another bowl combine ¼ cup of the cheddar, sour cream, tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
4. Divide the rice mixture among the tortillas, spreading it evenly along the center of the tortilla, then rolling up the tortillas. Place each seam down in the baking dish.
5. Spread the sour cream mixture over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining 1¼ cups cheddar.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and turn the oven temperature to 425 degrees. Continue baking for 15 minutes. Total baking time is 45 minutes. Let the enchiladas sit for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cilantro and scallions. Garnish with lime.