This hamburger has generated social media raves since Rouge Tomate, a Michelin-starred restaurant, featured it at its food cart in New York near the Fifth Avenue entrance to the Central Park Zoo. The flavorful burger, which is ground chicken and skin (to keep it moist), sells for $8.
|1||cup plain Greek yogurt|
|4||tablespoons chopped fresh mint|
|Pinch of salt|
1. In a bowl, whisk the yogurt, mint, and salt.
2. Set aside for 20 minutes.
PEPPERS AND ONIONS
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||each red and yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded
|1||onion, thinly sliced|
|Pinch of salt|
1. In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the peppers, onion, and salt.
2. Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until the peppers are tender; set aside.
|1½||tablespoons sweet paprika|
|2||teaspoons ground fennel|
|½||teaspoons ground cumin|
|1||tablespoon kosher salt|
|½||teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|⅓||teaspoon black pepper|
1. In a bowl, combine paprika, fennel, cumin, coriander, salt, cinnamon, cayenne and black pepper, and sugar. Stir well; set aside.
|1||cup panko crumbs|
|1||cup whole milk|
|2||pounds ground dark meat chicken (80 percent meat and 20 percent skin)|
|1||large clove garlic, finely chopped|
|2||teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro|
|6||whole-wheat hamburger buns|
|1||large red tomato, cut into 6 slices|
|1||bunch fresh arugula, stemmed (for garnish)|
1. In a bowl, mix panko and milk; set aside for 5 minutes. Add the spice mix, chicken, garlic, cilantro, harissa. Mix well and shape into 6 patties.
2. Light a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high (or heat a griddle on the stovetop).
3. When it is hot, toast buns.
4. Set patties on grill rack or griddle and cook for about 3 minutes on a side, or until cooked through and lightly charred on the outside. Spread half of each bun with 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce. Add a patty to each with bell pepper mixture, more yogurt sauce, tomato, and arugula. Peggy Hernandez. Adapted from Rouge Tomate