Pay careful attention to cutting the fruit evenly so you get different flavors and textures in each bite. The herb-infused vinaigrette gives this mixture an interesting interplay between sweet and savory that perfectly complements simple goat cheese toasts and makes a light lunch or brunch dish.
|½||honeydew melon, cut into ½-inch pieces|
|1||mango, cut into ½-inch pieces|
|2||kiwi, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces|
|1||green apple, cored and cut into ½-inch pieces|
|Juice of 1 lime|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh mint|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh thyme|
|Salt, to taste|
|1||small baguette, sliced on the bias|
|5||ounces goat cheese, thinly sliced|
|Extra sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed (for sprinkling)|
1. Turn on the broiler and slide a rack about 10 inches from the element. Have on hand a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, combine the honeydew, mango, kiwi, and apple; toss well.
3. In another bowl, whisk the lime and lemon juices, mint, cilantro, thyme, sugar, and salt. Pour the dressing over fruit and stir gently.
4. Arrange the bread on the baking sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes on a side, watching them carefully, or until golden. Add goat cheese to each piece of toast and sprinkle with thyme.
5. Gently stir the blueberries into the salad. Serve with the goat cheese toasts.