|1||pound chourico (chorizo), halved lengthwise|
|2||medium tomatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces|
|⅓||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|¼||cup olive oil|
|Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon|
|1||clove garlic, chopped|
|1||teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2¼||pounds boneless bluefish, cut into 6 pieces|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
1. Prepare a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium.
2. When fire is ready, grill chourico for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until heated through. Cut into ½-inch pieces. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, lemon rind and juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
4. Rub the bluefish on both sides with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Set the bluefish on the grill, skin (or skinned) side up. Cover the fish with a metal pie pan. Grill 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Use tongs to lift off the pie pan. Turn the fish. Continue grilling, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Total grilling time is 15 to 17 minutes.
7. Serve the fish topped with the relish. Adapted from Chris Schlesinger and “A Moveable Feast.’’