|2||pounds lamb tenderloin, shoulder, or boneless shank or neck, cut into 1½-inch chunks|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Extra fresh parsley leaves (for garnish)|
1. Place the meat in a large baking dish.
2. In a food processor, combine the walnuts, pomegranate molasses, garlic, and olive oil. Work the mixture until it forms a puree. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper, and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Pour the marinade over the meat and toss well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Soak 8 short bamboo skewers in salted water for two hours.
4. Prepare a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium.
5. Thread 3 or 4 pieces of meat onto each skewer ¼ inch apart, leaving 2 inches at the ends. Discard the marinade. Brush or wipe extra marinade from the skewers.
6. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the kebabs for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until they are charred on the outside and very pink in the center. Serve garnished with parsley leaves. Adapted from “The New Persian Kitchen”