|8||corn tortillas (6 inches each)|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||can (15 ounces) refried beans with mild green chilies|
|2||tablespoons water, or more if needed|
|4||cups leftover roasted
vegetables, cut into
|1||cup (4 ounces) grated Monterey Jack|
|1||bunch watercress, thick stems removed|
|4||radishes, thinly sliced|
1. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Have on hand 2 rimmed baking sheets.
2. On the sheets, spread tortillas in one layer. Brush both sides with oil. Bake, turning once, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
3. In a small skillet over low heat, stir the refried beans with the water, adding more if needed, for
5 minutes or until the beans are hot.
4. Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons beans. Top with roasted vegetables and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Top with watercress and radishes.
Sally Pasley Vargas