|½||cup panko or other dry white breadcrumbs|
|½||cup olive oil|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|1||pound orecchiette or other small curly pasta|
|5||cups steamed cauliflower florets|
|2||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|2||leeks, thinly sliced|
|1||teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|½||cup white wine|
|1||cup frozen peas, rinsed with cold water|
|½||cup freshly grated Parmesan|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Have on hand a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, stir together panko or other breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until the pasta is tender but still has some bite. Drain without rinsing.
4. In a large skillet over high heat, heat the remaining olive oil. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until well browned. Reduce the heat to medium-high. Stir in garlic, leeks, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Continue cooking, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
5. Add the wine and cook for 3 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken slightly. Stir in the peas, and cook just until they are hot.
6. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the cauliflower mixture, Parmesan, and lemon juice. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt and black pepper, if you like. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.