|Butter (for the pan)|
|Flour (for the pan)|
|1||cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room
|2½||cups granulated sugar|
|2||cups sour cream|
|1||tablespoon vanilla extract|
|1½||cups pecans, coarsely chopped|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan. Sprinkle the pan with flour, tapping out the excess.
2. In a bowl, whisk and blend the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter with 2 cups of the sugar until light. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the sour cream and vanilla.
4. With the mixer set on its lowest speed, beat in the flour mixture just until blended.
5. In another bowl, combine the remaining ½ cup of sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; stir well. Spread half the batter in the pan. Sprinkle with the nut mixture. Spread the remaining batter over the nuts.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Turn the cake out onto the rack and cool 20 minutes more.
Adapted from “The Silver Palate Cookbook”