Medfield resident Adele Kohler first had this egg, chile, cheese, and sour cream dish at an inn in California. It came from Sara Moulton’s Food Network TV show, “Sara’s Secrets.”
|Butter (for the dish)|
|1||can (8 ounces) mild green chiles, drained and stemmed|
|1||pound Monterey Jack cheese, coarsely grated|
|2||cups sour cream|
|Salt and pepper,
|1||cup salsa (for serving)|
|Extra sour cream
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. Cut the chiles in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Arrange in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and smooth the top with a spatula.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until the mixture is set in the middle and golden brown.
5. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
Adapted from “Sara’s Secrets”