|¼||green cabbage, shredded|
|Juice of 1 lime|
|¼||cup chopped fresh
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|3||cups pinto bean and rice casserole|
|2||medium tomatoes, chopped|
|4||tablespoons sour cream|
|Hot sauce (for sprinkling)|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Have on hand a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, toss the cabbage, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the pinto bean mixture, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot.
4. Lay 1 tortilla on the counter. In a mound on the tortilla, leaving a little space around the edges, layer ¼ of the pinto bean mixture, ¼ of the cabbage mixture, ¼ of the tomatoes, ¼ of the avocado, and 1 tablespoon of the sour cream. Add a couple of shots of hot sauce. Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling. Roll up tortilla, completely encasing the filling. Set it seams down. Wrap in parchment paper and set on the baking sheet. Shape the remaining burritos in the same way.
5. Heat the burritos for 10 to 15 minutes or until hot. To serve, slice in half, right through the
paper. Karoline Boehm Goodnick