|1¼||pounds golden baby
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||teaspoon smoked paprika|
|1||clove garlic, crushed|
|4||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||medium leeks (white and light green parts), thickly sliced into rings and well rinsed|
|4||cooked sausages, coarsely chopped|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh thyme|
1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes with a large pinch of salt and water to cover. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander.
2. When the potatoes are cool, quarter them and transfer to a bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine the paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes and toss well.
4. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until softened. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the pan.
5. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Heat over medium-high heat and add the potatoes. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden.
6. Add the sausages and leeks and cook, turning the hash over occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely browned.
7. Spread the potato mixture evenly in the pan. With the back of a large kitchen spoon, make 4 indentations in the mixture. Carefully drop an egg into each one. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks are runny.
8. Using a large spoon, carefully transfer the eggs and hash to plates. Sprinkle with thyme.