|2||tablespoons canola oil|
|1||clove garlic, finely chopped|
|2||tablespooons ground chile powder|
|½||teaspoon ground cumin|
|2||cups chicken stock|
|Salt, to taste|
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the flour and stir vigorously for 1 minute. Stir in the chile powder and cumin.
2. Slowly whisk in the chicken stock and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
|Canola oil (for the dish)|
|1||cup sour cream|
|Grated rind and juice of 1 lime|
(8 inches each)
|2||cups grated cheddar|
|4||cups sloppy Joe
|2||cups spicy Asian slaw|
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour ½ cup of the red sauce into the dish, spreading it evenly over the bottom.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and the lime rind and juice. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Lay a tortilla on the counter. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of cheddar and top with a heaping ½ cup of sloppy Joe mixture. Roll up and set in the dish seams down. Continue until all tortillas are filled and rolled.
4. Pour the remaining red sauce over the tortillas, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and the mixture is hot. Serve with sour cream sauce and slaw.