Germ often linked to food poisoning found in Millbury boy
Disease trackers have confirmed that a 6-year-old Millbury boy, suspected of dying of food poisoning, did have E. coli bacteria in his system. In an e-mailed statement Thursday, Anne Roach, spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, said that the agency confirmed the presence of E.coli 0157 in its investigation. E. coli 0157 is a germ typically found in ground beef, but the bacteria is killed when the meat is thoroughly cooked. It is also found in raw milk.