Juno Temple (as Deborah Hussey) on the Buffum Street set in Lynn.
We can’t vouch for the film, of course, but we like the look of “Black Mass” so far. In the same way the costumes and hair in “American Hustle” conjured a certain era, photos from the set of the Whitey Bulger movie remind us what some people and places around here looked like in the 1970s and ’80s. “Black Mass” director Scott Cooper had the cast and crew in Lynn on Wednesday, shooting a scene where Bulger, played by Johnny Depp, and Stephen Flemmi, played by Rory Cochrane, pick up Deborah Hussey, played by British actress Juno Temple, from the police station. Hussey, who was Flemmi’s stepdaughter, was later murdered by Bulger.
• Meet the cast of the local Whitey Bulger movie
Continue reading below
• ‘Black Mass’ takes its sets to Lynn and back to the ’70s and ’80s
• ‘Black Mass’ shoots in East Boston, ‘Grey Lady’ in South Boston
•Johnny Depp takes a break from his Whitey Bulger costume
• ‘Black Mass’ shoots in Chelsea
• Johnny Depp, as Whitey, recreates Halloran murder
• ‘Black Mass’ films in Dorchester
• Benedict Cumberbatch takes role in ‘Whitey’ movie
• Double-takes abound as Bulger movie films in Cambridge
• Johnny Depp starts work as ‘Whitey’
Mark Shanahan can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @MarkAShanahan. Meredith Goldstein can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @MeredithGoldste.