Patriot Pics/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
Sienna Miller was in Quincy on Tuesday to film the Scott Cooper-directed adaptation of “Black Mass” with Johnny Depp. She stars as Catherine Greig.
When “Alfie” and “Factory Girl” actress Sienna Miller was cast as Catherine Greig in the big-budget adptation of “Black Mass,” we were skeptical about whether the 32-year-old actress could really age up to play Whitey Bulger’s longtime partner in hiding. But Miller looked altered enough when she was dressed as Greig during the shoot in Quincy on Tuesday. Passersby said the crew filmed the Bulger arrest scene that day. The film’s Whitey, Johnny Depp, was spotted on location wearing a white bucket hat (the kind of hat that Gilligan wore on the island). Miller is the third Whitey love interest we’ve seen during the shoot. Dakota Johnson was in town last month to play Lindsey Cyr, and English actress Juno Temple was in Lynn to play Deborah Hussey. “Black Mass” is being directed by Scott Cooper, who made “Crazy Heart.”
• Filming ramps up in Rhode Island, continues in Mass.
Continue reading below
• Meet the cast of the local Whitey Bulger movie
• Benedict Cumberbatch arrives in Boston, fans rejoice
• ‘Black Mass’ takes its sets to Lynn and back to the ’70s and ’80s
• ‘Black Mass’ shoots in East Boston, ‘Grey Lady’ in South Boston
• Johnny Depp takes a break from his Whitey Bulger costume
• ‘Black Mass’ shoots in Chelsea
• Johnny Depp, as Whitey, recreates Halloran murder
• ‘Black Mass’ films in Dorchester
• Benedict Cumberbatch takes role in ‘Whitey’ movie
• Double-takes abound as Bulger movie films in Cambridge
• Johnny Depp starts work as ‘Whitey’
Names can be reached at email@example.com. Follow Mark Shanahan on Twitter @MarkAShanahan. Follow Meredith Goldstein on Twitter @MeredithGoldste.