A Methuen man was arraigned today in South Boston District Court on a kidnapping charge after he allegedly refused to let the mother of his child out of his car.
Kenneth Tozier Jr., 24, was held on $750 bail and ordered to stay away from the victim and her child while the case is pending, Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said in a statement.
The victim, a 34-year-old Lawrence woman, called State Police at about 5:30 p.m. Sunday and said she had been kidnapped, Conley’s office said. The woman told police she and Tozier, her ex-boyfriend, were arguing about their relationship after shopping for clothes for their young child.
While on the phone with State Police, the woman said she and Tozier were in his blue Audi somewhere on Interstate 93 near Boston or Quincy, Conley’s office said in a statement.
State Police broadcast a description of Tozier’s car and, moments later, a state trooper stopped the car on I-93 northbound near Exit 20. According to Conley’s office, the woman told the trooper that Tozier was “driving like a maniac,” close to 120 miles per hour.
Tozier allegedly told the trooper that he “lost it” during the argument with the victim.
Tozier is due back in court on March 9.