Metro

Sex assault case haunts gambling director

Alleged victim’s family outraged

A 2007 sexual assault case is coming back to haunt Carl Stanley McGee, the new acting director of the state gambling commission, after McGee’s former boss said that McGee had been falsely accused by a 15-year-old boy.

The young man’s family was enraged that former Patrick administration official Daniel O’Connell said on Tuesday that the boy’s allegation that McGee assaulted him in a hotel steam room was false. To support their assertion, family members released the results of a 2008 investigation by Florida child welfare officials recommending that McGee be prosecuted.

Your comment is subject to the rules of our Posting Policy

This comment may appear on your public profile. Public Profile FAQ