Metro

BOSTON

4 evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

Advertisement

A Dorchester three-decker was evacuated and four residents were taken to the hospital to be checked for carbon monoxide exposure Saturday after they complained of lightheadedness, according to fire and public safety officials. Firefighters arrived at 6 Millet St. just after 9:30 a.m. said Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald. Emergency Medical Service officials found evidence of elevated carbon monoxide levels in residents’ systems. Four said they felt dizzy, lightheaded, and nauseated, and were taken to Massachusetts General Hospital. Firefighters believe the source of the leak was a faulty stove on the second floor.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com