Patton’s estate becomes part of his adopted hometown
HAMILTON - General George S. Patton’s legacy is as stalwart in this North Shore community as the Sherman tank guarding a park named for the World War II hero in the town center. Patton came to live in Hamilton in 1928, on a country estate of fertile fields and horse trails running along the Ipswich River. Now the late general’s estate will forever be part of his adopted hometown. At the Annual Town Meeting Saturday, 295 residents voted unanimously to accept the Patton estate as a gift to the town for public use.