The Danvers Fire Department responded to the New England Rehabilitation Hospital at Danvers around 7 p.m. Monday after five employees complained of eye and throat irritation. Fire Captain Frank Sacco said a group of nurses and other staff appeared to be affected by the cleaning fluid, Maxima 256 Disinfectant Cleaner, which was used to clean a patient room around 4 p.m. The five workers were taken to the emergency room at Beverly Hospital for observation. Sacco said the cleaner was one commonly used at the facility with no complaints. A gas detector used by firefighters found no carbon monoxide or other harmful gases present.